SPFX Make Up Competition
If you like Face Off and have always thought that you could compete, then this is your chance.
This SPFX Make Up competition is based at most Armageddon Expos in New Zealand and is limited to only 8 entries per heat.
BodyFX host Special FX competitions at these Armageddon expos.
Manukau (Auckland Heat) Sunday 6 March - Vodafone Events Centre,
ManukauChristchurch Sunday 13 March - Horncastle arena, Christchurch
Wellington Monday 6 June - Westpac Stadium, Wellington
These heats are based on how well you can conceptualise and execute a design in a four hour period.
See the rules for details.
- You register
- You will be sent the competition information and rules (electronically) with a small hint of theme.
- You arrive on the day with your model, brushes and any SPFX kit you wish and that is within the rules.
- You will be given a workspace and then introduced to the Judges.
- The theme will be announced and you will have 30 minutes to narrow down your concept. We encourage you to sketch and mood board your idea.
- You will be provided with a multitude of SPFX materials and prosthetics as well as additional wigs / props and costumes to choose from.
- After the concept stage you will be given 4 hours to complete your idea.
- Once the 4 hours are finished all Models will be taken to a room to be judged and have photos taken.
- The contestants are asked to stay behind and clean up their workstations
- 4.00pm the Contestants and their models will be presented on stage and the two finalists will be announced.
- The finalists will be invited to compete against each other in the Final at Auckland Armageddon on the 24th of October 2016
Cost is $50 with registration. This fee is not refundable but you will receive a BodyFX voucher of $50 to spend in the shop on the competition day.
People that cancel or do not show up on the day have their fees forfeited.
Upon registration a confirmation and a competition pack will be send out to you via email.
IF YOU MAKE THE FINALS
You will be required to create a design based on a theme that will be posted here the day after the Wellington Armageddon Heat on the 7th of June.
THE THEME FOR THE FINAL WILL BE RELEASED HERE ON THE 7th OF JUNE
Maximum of 8 contestants. Competitions will take place primarily on the Sundays.
Minimum of 4 contestants is needed for the competition to commence.
Who can enter...
Every one can enter this competition , but it is designed for special fx artists, make up artists, film crew or the likes.
First prize for every heat is a full convention pass for the New Zealand Face and Body Art Convention FABACONZ in September 2016 (food and accommodation excluded)
Second place will receive a $100 worth of BodyFX products
The 2 winners of every heat are invited to compete for the trophy and $1000 in cash and products at the Auckland Armageddon expo in October.